Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From "Saveur" magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cipolline onions or 1 1⁄2 lbs white pearl onions, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- kosher salt
- Put raisins in a small bowl and cover with hot water; let soften about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions and cook until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour off oil; drain raisins and add to skillet with vinegar, sugar, and season with salt.
- Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.