1/1 Photo of Cipolline in Agrodolce
I found this recipe for my Italian FIL. He said he'd never heard of them but his mother DID make "jubilee onions." I figure if calamari = galama, sopressata - soopesage, cavatelli = gavadeel, then cipollini = jubilee. This is a very simple, straightforward recipe as are many Italian recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the butter in a pan large enough to hold the onions.
- 2Cook the onions in the butter for a few minutes while stirring.
- 3Sprinkle on the sugar, the vinegar and enough water to barely cover the onions and bring to a boil.
- 4Simmer until the liquid is completely gone, stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes, watching carefully to avoid scorching. (The onions will become glazed & caramelized).
- 5Sprinkle with lemon juice & serve.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cipolline in Agrodolce
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.9
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 173.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g