Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not too spicy. No odd ingredients. Top with cheddar cheese and serve with cornbread. Will warm you up on a cold winter evening!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans (with liquid)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce (Hunt's)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (Hunt's)
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder (Grandma's)
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large pot. Add onion and reduce heat to medium low to sweat the onions until translucent.
- Return heat to medium high and add ground beef and brown. Drain and return to pot.
- Add beans (with liquid), tomato sauce, tomato paste and chili powder.
- Mix thoroughly and heat through.
- Lower heat and simmer for 1 hour.