Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This soup/stew is so easy and so amazing! The garlic aioli was an idea I used from Fast and Easy Fish Soup With Garlic Aioli by Rich Eyre. The Aioli can also be used as a spread on some crusty bread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups clam juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 18 -24 small clams
- 18 mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod fish fillets, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -3 garlic clove, finely minced (to taste)
- lemon juice
- 1 dash cayenne
- Heat large stockpot on med-low heat, add olive oil and butter; heat until it just starts to smoke.
- Add onions and parsley. Stir until onions are transclucent about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir about 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes breaking them up in the pan.
- Add chicken broth, clam juice, wine, bay leaves, basil, oregano, and thyme.
- Mix well.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Mix together mayo, garlic, lemon juice and cayenne and refrigerate until stew is ready.
- Add all seafood and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer 5-7 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and add a dollop of garlic aioli.