Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
What makes this distinctive is the Mediterrianean-style mixture of tomatoes, basil and oregano with plenty of red wine and garlic-a base which makes the finished dish very strong and heady indeed.
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 (35 ounce) can tomatoes with basil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boned sea bass or 1 1⁄2 lbs scrod fish, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 3 (1 1/2 lb) lobsters, cut up
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 12 hardshell clams, scrubbed
- 24 mussels, scrubbed
- garlic bread
- Saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in olive oil in large pot.
- Add the tomatos, tomato paste, wine, lemon, one half cup or the parsley and all the seasonings.
- Bring to boil and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add the fish, lobsters and shrimp and simmer, covered 15 minutes.
- Add clams and mussels and simmer another 10 minutes more or until the clams and mussels open.
- Sprinkle remaining parsley on top.
- Serve in soup plates from the pot it was cooked in.
- A nice touch is a piece of garlic bread in each soup plate as a blotter.
- Have plenty more bread to pass.