Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is featured on AllRecipes.com and in one of their cookbooks. It is a wonderful seafood stew. Serve with lots of bread to mop up the broth! You can use any combination of seafood you wish or have available to you and substitute fresh spices for the dried.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bay scallops
- 18 small clams, scrubbed clean
- 18 mussels, scrubbed clean and debearded
- 1 1⁄2 lbs crabmeat
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod fish fillets, cubed
- Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large stockpot; add onions, garlic and parsley and cook slowly, stirring occasionally until onions are soft.
- Add tomatoes to the pot.
- Add chicken broth, bay leaves, basil , thyme, oregano, water and wine; mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in all seafoods and bring to boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer 5-7 minutes until clams and mussels open.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve with warm, crusty bread.