Recipe by SuzsterSBD
An Italian favorite to be enjoyed by all SBD phases. It's light, filling, refreshing, and delicious. NOT a fishy tasting or stinky soup. Creamy but without the fat since you will be using tomato sauce that's organic and not sugared down.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 lb tilapia fillet (cut in bite sizes)
- 1 lb cod (cut in bite sizes) or 1 lb shark, that holds it's shape after cooking (cut in bite sizes) or 1 lb fish, that holds its shape after cooking (cut in bite sizes)
- 1 eggplant (cut in bite sized chunks)
- 1 cup celery (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup onion (any variety, coarsely chopped)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes (Italian style or with wine)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce (organic if possible, no sugar, no salt)
- 1 cup water
- 6 -8 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a stock pot and sauté celery, onions, and garlic for about 3-4 minute.
- Add stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce. Add 1 cup water and allow to simmer and for celery to soften a bit more.
- Add eggplant chunks and cook until slightly translucent. May need more water.
- Add shark or cod (longer cooking fish) and stir gently. If too thick, add more water at 1/2 cup increments.
- Once simmering again add tilapia.
- Add salt and pepper to taste along with a bit more of olive oil if it appears to be too 'dry'.
- Add seasonings, oregano, and taste to check levels of salt and spices.
- Add shrimp and cover over medium for 3- 5 minute until shrimp is cooked.
- Let cool and sit for about 20 minutes for flavors to blend.