Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a wonder dish--very easy to make and it tastes awesome.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes (and the juice)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs mixed seafood (such as clams, oysters, mussels, shrimp, white fish, scallops, cooked canned crab, or cooked canned)
- In a large Dutch oven, saute onions, celery green pepper, and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add the tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, water, and wine.
- Break up the tomatoes and heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat and boil gently uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the seafood: Scrub clams, oysters and mussels under running water; place in 1/2 inch of boiling water in saucepan. C.
- Cover and boil gently for about 3 minutes--just until the shells open (discard any that do not open).
- Shell and devein the shrimp.
- Cut the fish up into bite size pieces.
- Add the white fish to the tomato mixture; boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the scallops, shrimp, and craw fish; cook 5 more minutes.
- Add the cooked lobster, crab meat, and the reserved shell fish; heat to serving temperature.