Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipe that I make for large get togethers on a cold winter night. This is great served with a lot of french bread
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 lb mussels
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets, cubed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute celery, onions and garlic over medium heat in olive oil until soft.
- Add parsley, crushed chili peppers, tomatoes, broth, Italian herbs and bay leaves.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cook until shrimp is pink and mussels have opened.