Recipe by Dib's
In a word, Napkins! If your a seafood lover this is excellent. Di
Top Review by Izzy Knight
I made this for our family get-together this weekend. It's was a hit! They all complained there were no second servings :o) I would simmer the soup 10min longer before adding the seafoo next time. Terrific soup!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped medium
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped medium
- 2⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 18 clams in shell, scrubbed
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deviened (around 50)
- 2 cooked dungeness crabs (, and around 2 pounds each-broken and in shell)
- 1 loaf hot sourdough bread (, with Butter)
Directions See How It's Made
- In an 8 quart pan over medium heat saute the onion, garlic, pepper and parsley in the oil until the onion is soft.
- Stir in sauce and diced tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, basil, oregano and tarragon.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- To broth add the clams and crab.
- Cover and simmer gently until clams pop open.
- Add Shrimp and simmer for 5 minutes more or until shrimp turns pink.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with hot bread and butter.