1/1 Photo of Cioppino
1 hr 5 mins
In a word, Napkins! If your a seafood lover this is excellent. Di
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped medium
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped medium
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 18 clams in shell, scrubbed
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deviened (around 50)
- 2 cooked dungeness crabs (, and around 2 pounds each-broken and in shell)
- 1 loaf hot sourdough bread (, with Butter)
- 1In an 8 quart pan over medium heat saute the onion, garlic, pepper and parsley in the oil until the onion is soft.
- 2Stir in sauce and diced tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, basil, oregano and tarragon.
- 3Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4To broth add the clams and crab.
- 5Cover and simmer gently until clams pop open.
- 6Add Shrimp and simmer for 5 minutes more or until shrimp turns pink.
- 7Ladle into bowls and serve with hot bread and butter.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cioppino
Serving Size: 1 (656 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.2
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 1567.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 36.7 g