Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delicious fish stew. Great one dish meal. Serve with crusty bread.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs striped bass fillets or 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless cod, cut into serving pieces
- 1 lb shelled and deveined shrimp (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs crab or 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen crab, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Thaw crab and shrimp. Cover and refrigerate shellfish and fish till needed, about 45 minutes before serving.
- In Dutch oven over medium heat in hot oil, cook onion, green pepper and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid, wine, parsley and seasoning; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high; add fresh crab; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If using frozen crab, add during last 2 minutes of cooking. Carefully add fillet pieces and shrimp. Return to boiling, then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 5 more minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and shrimp are tender.
- Serve immediately in soup bowls.