Recipe by Babs7
From a Penseys Spices cookbook. Delicious for breakfast or dessert.
Top Review by Confetti
This just didn't work for me at ALL. I followed the recipe exactly. I think there was too much milk or not enough flour. it was almost impossible to knead. I got so frustrated with it, I just spooned it out and slapped it on a cookie sheet. Maybe its my inexperience with biscuits but this recipe just made me mad. On a good note, it smells wonderful and its really sweet. Just needs some tweaking.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced peach
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add the butter and rub it in until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Mix in the sugar and peaches gently to avoid crushing the fruit.
- Add the milk gradually, stirring until you have a soft dough.
- Knead gently on a floured surface for about 2 minutes, then roll out until 3/4 inch thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter or a jar lid to cut approximately 2 1/2 inch rounds.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon for topping.
- Brush tops of biscuit with milk and sprinkle cinnamon brown sugar mix on top.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool, split and serve with butter, fruit, or whipped cream.