Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Rich and Creamy
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, divided (20 oz.)
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, eggs and cinnamon.
- Blend until smooth.
- Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Press one pkg. cookie dough into the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over dough, set aside.
- Slice remaining pkg. of dough 1/2 inch thick.
- Flatten slices and arrange over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 55 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool completely.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Cut into squares.
Made with French Herta Chocolate Chip Cookie mix and it worked out SO well! We LOVED these, they were like a Cheesecake Cookie Sandwich. They are VERY rich, and I did leave the chocolate drizzle topping off as I knew we would prefer them without the added sweetness. I also added a few cinnamon chips for an extra dimension! GORGEOUS thanks CoffeeB - made for the recipe tag game! FT:-)
Made these for my other half to take to a weekly meeting he attends &, as usual, kept 4 here for me to cherish, which I did! Did make one change, though, using 2 packages of reduced-fat cream cheese & one of the regular kind! Cream cheese, chocolate, cinnamon, nuts ~ A very satisfying combo! [Tagged, made & reviewed during RSC #15 Contest]