Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this up a long time ago as a quick, healthy snack.
- 1 (18 ounce) bag baby carrots
- water, for boiling
- salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 12 g sugar substitute (Splenda works best)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature (I use fat-free)
- Boil carrots in water til tender or place in a microwave safe dish with water and microwave on high 12 minutes.
- Drain in large sieve, shaking constantly.
- while shaking, sprinkle first salt, then minced onion, cinnamon, and sugar substitute on the carrots, in that order.
- Let carrots sit in sieve 5 minutes to evaporate any left over moisture.
- Serve with softened creamm cheese for dip.