Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I really like this. It is quick and easy to make and really good! I used weight watcher wheat bread because it meets the requirements for her recipe. This 3 slice of bread serving is very filling! I think next time I will just eat the two pieces and maybe a piece of fruit or yogurt, I ate mine just the way the recipe states but, she says to feel free to serve it with sugar free maple syrup, sugar-free preserves, fresh berries, and/ or a squirt of fat-free whipped cream. You can also cut these into sticks if y ou wish. just cut the bread into srtips before dipping into the egg wash.Enjoy! *THIS would not let me add 1 packet of splenda or no-calorie sweetener! so dont forget it, you will need it at the end! :)
- 3 slices light bread (40-45 calories each slice with about 2g fiber per slice)
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- combine egg substitute with vanilla extract and half of the cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon). Use the egg mixture as an egg wash, and dip your bread into it.
- cook bread over medium heat in a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, flipping after a few minutes. Once both sides are brown, plate em, and sprinkle with splenda and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
This was quick and easy. Not only that, but my bf thought it was pretty good too. GREAT bang for the buck!
Lovely, quick and easy recipe! I used two slices of low-carb whole wheat bread and 1/2 cup of All Whites, minus a tablespoon that I reserved for another recipe. I thought that was WAY too much egg -- I soaked my bread slices pretty well and still had lots of the egg left over! I sprinkled a lot more than 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon over the cooked slices, along with a packet of Splenda. Thanks for posting!