Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This isn't really a brownie recipe because it isn't rich and chocolatey. It's light and fluffy, sort of the opposite, but the result is equally delicious :)
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped not shredded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup soft margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease & flour a 9 x 9 pan.
- Mix dry ingredients. Cream the butter. Add the sugar & egg, then the dry ingredients alternately with zucchini, and finally the vanilla and nuts.
- Turn into pan and bake about 40 minutes. Cut into squares when nearly cool.
I'm not the best baker, so I was careful to follow the directions exactly. I found this quite sweet, maybe a little less sugar might have been better, it was quite crumbly and didn't rise much although it did have a good moist texture. Somehow I had expected it to be more dense, (maybe the brownie title threw me off), but you describe it as light and fluffy, so in fact, I would say it probably turned out perfectly! Firm and a little crisp on the outside, soft, warm and delicious on the inside, this would be awesome with vanilla icecream :) A good recipe, thank you, ILikaToCook, this recipe was made for PAC Fall 2011