Recipe by Outta Here
A sweet treat that uses up some of that extra zucchini from the garden. I just coarsely chop the zucchini, but you can shred it if you prefer.
Top Review by seal angel
WOW!!!!! These were so good! It smelled like Fall season in my kitchen today. These we devoured in one night. I think you could also use diced up bananas or apples in place of the zucchini. Next time, I am gonna use 1/4 less brown sugar. I loved them! but maybe if they were a little less sweet, they wouldn't be so addicting. I kept going back to the pan :( I was very surprised how wonderful these were. I would give this 10 stars if I could. Update: I made this again today using only 3/4 of the sugar and added some semi milk chocolate morsels. It is ok but it came out drier. Wish I would of stuck to the original recipe. Don't skip on the sugar!!!! Another update. I made this again but doubled the recipe in a 9X13 pan. I used half brown and white sugar. I didn't have any nuts so I put raisins. Came out very good. Better than the chocolate chips.
- 78.07 ml margarine, softened (or butter)
- 236.59 ml dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 236.59 ml zucchini, chopped
- 118.29 ml nuts, chopped (I like pecans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 8x8-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Add dry ingredients and stir, just until moistened.
- Stir in zucchini and nuts.
- Pour into pan and bake 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into 9 bars.