Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are sooooo good. Thought it was an odd combination first, until I made them. They are my all time favourite muffins and a big hit for those morning teas with friends.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix together butter (softened), sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add yogurt; blend.
- Add dry ingredients and blend until all flour disappears.
- Use paper muffin bake cups or grease cups of muffin pan.
- Half fill the cups with batter.
- Sprinkle half of cinnamon mixture over batter.
- Then fill each cup with remaining batter and top with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for about 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Makes 12 muffins.
- OPTIONAL mix chopped pear in with the cinnamon mix. Yum.
These muffins were a let down! They came out fine, they were light and fluffy, but had no flavor.