Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy and very fast snack! and a great way to use up leftover won-ton wrappers (egg roll wrappers could be used too). Meets American Heart Assoc dietary guidelines for adults. If you use a low-wattage microwave oven then adjust your time upwards.
- Line a 10" microwave-proof plate with a paper towel.
- Cut wonton wrappers diagonally into triangles.
- Place cut edges of each triangle together; arrange 12 triangles on a plate with points.
- toward center.
- Mix together cinnamon sugar, oregano and garlic powder.
- Coat triangles with nonstick cooking spray;.
- sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar mixture over won- tons.
- Microwave, uncovered, on High for about 1-1/2 minutes or until crisp and browned.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Repeat with remaining won-tons.
These were very good, but you could only make one at a time it seemed to me. If I tried to make more in the triangle pattern and they seemed to cook unevenly. This is a great heathly alternative to the deep fried won ton chips.
Microwave ovens vary, and I think my low-wattage one did not perform well enough for these to crisp up. They never did brown, and some parts were crunchy while others were doughy and limp.