Don't let the healthy sounding title fool you! The whole wheat flour is enough to make these pancakes filling but is definitely negated nutrition-wise by the melted butter (not to mention all the syrup we add on top!!) I think these are pretty tasty myself, but was blown away when DH and DD both said they were the best pancakes they'd ever had. Ok, wow. Note: The resting step is KEY.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing until just combined and lumpy.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat frying pan with a Tbs of butter until a drop of batter sizzles when dripped onto it.
- Drop a scoop of batter into the pan, spreading it out a bit to desired thickness (keep in mind it will double in thickness as it cooks).
- Flip when the edges are stable and dryish looking (about1-2 minutes).
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings (ice cream is GREAT on these!).