Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a white chocolate layer cake, accented with Saigon Cinnamon. Frost with Vanilla or Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting (I was going to add it but it was already on Zaar) .
- 1 (6 ounce) package white baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, Saigon if possible
- cinnamon cream cheese frosting (see intro)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Microwave chocolate and butter in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool chocolate about 5 minutes or until chocolate is lukewarm to the touch.
- Beat cake mix, milk, eggs, cinnamon and chocolate mixture in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping side of bowl frequently.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Pour evenly into 2 greased and floured (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes.
- Rmove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Frost cooled cake.
This was delicious! Made it for my little girl's first birthday party and everyone loved it! I made it in a Winnie the Pooh pan and it turned out really good although there was too much batter for the pan. I frosted it with White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting - it was a great combination! Thanks for the recipe!
I"m not leaving any stars to bring the rating down on this recipe due to the fact I had disasterous results. I don't know if it was the white chocolate I used which was the Nestle brand Tollhouse Premier white chcolate morsels. It never melted/blended completely in with the butter. The overall results were crumbly. I made these into cupcakes and making sure I sprayed the liners and around the top of the cupcake pan but they still stuck. The taste is alright, but I really think my chocolate must be the culprit to why these didn't turn out. The cinnamon was a nice touch which came thru nicely. I"m so sorry I messed up on this recipe Annacia. :-(
This case is amazing. I used this recipe to make cupcakes for my daughter's 2nd birthday. All the adults were asking for the recipe.