Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The inspiration for the whipped cream came from Bon Appetit December 2002 issue. I've changed the measurements to my own taste. This whipped cream is delicious on anything with apples such as pie, cobbler and apple bread (see recipe 76946 for a great combo). Also would be nice on top of hot chocolate or coffee!
- Pour heavy cream into chilled glass bowl (I use a small but deep glass bowl).
- Beat on high speed.
- Slowly add sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Tip: When making whipped cream I dampen a paper towel with vinegar and wipe the inside of a glass bowl with it.
- Continue to wipe until dry and place inside freezer with beaters or whisk.
- Leave in freezer for 10 minutes to chill then use to make whipped cream.
Really yummy and easy - the cinnamon taste is very subtle. I followed the tip regarding the damp paper towel with vinegar, and putting the bowl and beaters in the freezer - they whipped up no problem! No more Cool Whip for me!
Worked perfectly with the Apple Bread mentioned above (#76946). Great combo, thanks for the suggestion and recipe!
Excellent! I made a carrot cake and needed to do a cinnamon frosting. This worked like a charm. Thanks a tonne!