I got this recipe from Shape magazine. These amazing spice-kissed pancakes are as easy to make as those from a box, and far more nutritious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1-------Tomake compote---------.
- 2combine boysenberries and apple juice in a small saucepan; simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch and add to berry mixture, gently stirring until it boils.
- 4Remove compote from heat and let it cool slightly until it thickens.
- 5--------Tomake pancakes-----------.
- 6dissolve baking soda in buttermilk in a small bowl; set aside.
- 7In a larger bowl, combine flour, cinnamon and sugar.
- 8Add buttermilk mixture, egg whites and vanilla, and blend.
- 9Spray griddle with vegetable-oil cooking spray.
- 10Ladle pancake mixture onto griddle and cook until pancakes are light brown on both sides.
- 11Serve with boysenberry compote.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon-Wheat Pancakes with Hot Boysenberry Compote
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.2
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 441.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 9.7 g