Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe from Shape magazine. These amazing spice-kissed pancakes are as easy to make as those from a box, and far more nutritious!
- -------Tomake compote---------.
- combine boysenberries and apple juice in a small saucepan; simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch and add to berry mixture, gently stirring until it boils.
- Remove compote from heat and let it cool slightly until it thickens.
- --------Tomake pancakes-----------.
- dissolve baking soda in buttermilk in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a larger bowl, combine flour, cinnamon and sugar.
- Add buttermilk mixture, egg whites and vanilla, and blend.
- Spray griddle with vegetable-oil cooking spray.
- Ladle pancake mixture onto griddle and cook until pancakes are light brown on both sides.
- Serve with boysenberry compote.