Recipe by Gingerbee
An old time favorite of my Mom's ... this recipe is a wholesome, moist cake that makes coffee break-time fun!
- 1⁄4 lb butter (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 walnuts (finely chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and gradually add sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in one egg at a time.
- Add milk and vanilla and sour cream.
- Measure and sift dry ingredients and slowly incorporate into the wet mixture.
- Pour into a well-greased and lightly floured bundt pan.
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon and walnuts and sprinkle over the top of the batter.
- Take a knife and poke the topping down into the batter around the pan every few inches.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and Bake for 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool and ready set, serve.