Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lovely scones that I personaly make with Splenda replacing the sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon They look most inviting with a fanned strawberry on top for garnish,
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml finely chopped walnuts
- 22.18 ml sugar
- 11.09 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 59.14 ml cold butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 2 eggs
- 78.07 ml whipping cream
- 59.14 ml buttermilk
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine eggs and cream, stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface, gently pat into a 7-inch circle, 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut tino 8 wedges.
- Separate wedges, place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush top with buttermilk and let rest 15 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown.
I loved the texture of these scones. I used heavy whipping cream and brushed the top with a little milk and then some additional chopped walnuts. Next time I might sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top before baking. I wrapped some up and put them in the freezer to pull out for later in the week!