Got this from a nutritionist friend of mine. It has flax seed, and walnuts are good for you - the only nut that has omega 3's. Sometimes I'll also add a cup of sunflower seeds. My daughter loves it and a 8 yo friend was over and tried it. His comment: "This is tasty!" I gave the recipe to his mom and she made it for a school function and it was a hit! I use rolled oats, but you could use quick oats too. I use this on top of fruit and yogurt for a healthy breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 275°F In big bowl, combine oats, raisins, nuts and flaxseed.
- In microwavable bowl, blend together brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon.
- Cook on high in microwave until mixture starts bubbling. Remove, add vanilla and stir.
- Pour over oat mixture and mix well.
- Thinly spread on baking sheet(s). Bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir, return to oven for addt’l 15 minutes or until oats are toasted.
- Cool thoroughly. Store in airtight container.
- I keep in fridge if not eaten right away. You could also pack into a pretty container and give as a Christmas gift.