1/9 Photos of Cinnamon Walnut Granola
WI Cheesehead's Note:
Got this from a nutritionist friend of mine. It has flax seed, and walnuts are good for you - the only nut that has omega 3's. Sometimes I'll also add a cup of sunflower seeds. My daughter loves it and a 8 yo friend was over and tried it. His comment: "This is tasty!" I gave the recipe to his mom and she made it for a school function and it was a hit! I use rolled oats, but you could use quick oats too. I use this on top of fruit and yogurt for a healthy breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 275°F In big bowl, combine oats, raisins, nuts and flaxseed.
- 2In microwavable bowl, blend together brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon.
- 3Cook on high in microwave until mixture starts bubbling. Remove, add vanilla and stir.
- 4Pour over oat mixture and mix well.
- 5Thinly spread on baking sheet(s). Bake for 15 minutes.
- 6Stir, return to oven for addt’l 15 minutes or until oats are toasted.
- 7Cool thoroughly. Store in airtight container.
- 8I keep in fridge if not eaten right away. You could also pack into a pretty container and give as a Christmas gift.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Walnut Granola
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.9
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g