Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this from a nutritionist friend of mine. It has flax seed, and walnuts are good for you - the only nut that has omega 3's. Sometimes I'll also add a cup of sunflower seeds. My daughter loves it and a 8 yo friend was over and tried it. His comment: "This is tasty!" I gave the recipe to his mom and she made it for a school function and it was a hit! I use rolled oats, but you could use quick oats too. I use this on top of fruit and yogurt for a healthy breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 275°F In big bowl, combine oats, raisins, nuts and flaxseed.
- In microwavable bowl, blend together brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon.
- Cook on high in microwave until mixture starts bubbling. Remove, add vanilla and stir.
- Pour over oat mixture and mix well.
- Thinly spread on baking sheet(s). Bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir, return to oven for addt’l 15 minutes or until oats are toasted.
- Cool thoroughly. Store in airtight container.
- I keep in fridge if not eaten right away. You could also pack into a pretty container and give as a Christmas gift.
My family loved this recipe. The only way we get to have granola is to make it at home because it isn't available here. Therefore, a good recipe is imperative. That fact that I searched until i found it again is testimony that it is a winner. We are even doubling the recipe this time. Thanks for a great taking granola recipe WI Cheesehead.
I made this for breakfast this morning. I had it with some rice milk (allergy) and it was delicious. I put all of the mixture in a 15.25x10.25" cookie pan, and I kept it in for around 55 mins. all together. Every 10 mins. after the initial 30 mins., I took it out and stirred it up good. When it cooled it was nice and crispy, just like I like it for my cereal, or as an addition to ice cream or yogurt. You can also add M&M's or chocolate chips to this after cooking too, if your in the mood for chocolate... Yummo!Made for Zaar Stars Tag Game.
I had a craving for granola the last couple days and whipped this up this morning. I halved the recipe and added some pecans and craisins. Love it! Thanks!