1/4 Photos of Cinnamon-Walnut Cookies (Vegan)
Well, here it's the third week in July and it's raining and we're experiencing unseasonably cool temps. What's a Cookgirl to do stuck inside the house all day? A: Bake cookies! This recipe is from the Delicious Living magazine and elaborated by me to give the cookies a Middle Eastern flavor. Gluten-free, egg and dairy free-easy! The barberries, cardamom and orange blossom water were all my addition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml walnut halves, and pieces
- 5 dates, pitted and roughly chopped (I used medjool)
- 29.58 ml barberries (Optional-but it gives the cookies a little bit of color and an interesting contrast of flavors)
- 14.79 ml grapeseed oil (Increased from 1 teaspoon. The mixture required more in order to form into a ball.)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract (reduced from 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 3.69 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground cardamom
- 2.46 ml orange blossom water
- 0.25 ml sea salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place walnuts, dates (and barberries if using) in a small food processor and PULSE until coarsely ground.
- 3PULSE in oil, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, orange blossom water and salt. Stop the machine from time to time and scrape down the sides of the bowl to help the mixture to blend well and form into a ball properly.
- 4Continue to pulse until mixture begins to form a ball. <<This step took about 3-4 minutes in our food processor.
- 5Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 6Scoop dough (I used a small, oiled cookie scoop), 1 tablespoon at a time, onto prepared baking sheet, forming into balls; flatten slightly.
- 7Bake for 6–8 minutes, until firm.
- 8Cool on baking sheet.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon-Walnut Cookies (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 58.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
orange blossom water