Recipe by Mommy2two
This is the most moist coffee cake I have ever eaten. It is delicious right out of the oven, but is even better the next day. I wish it wasn't made from pre-packaged products, but it tastes so good, I am willing to forgive. I have made this with half of the oil substituted with half a cup of applesauce with great success. That is how I make it now. Pecans can be substituted for the walnuts as well, it is a pretty forgiving recipe.
- 1 (18 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour a 9 x13 pan, and preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the cake mix, pudding, water, vegetable oil and eggs, but do not over mix.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
- Spread about half of the cake mixture in your prepared pan, and sprinkle about 2/3 of the nut mixture over that.
- Spread the remaining cake mix over the filling (mix is thick and will be a little difficult, but it doesn't need to be perfect), and sprinkle the remaining nut mix over the top.
- Bake 45-55 minutes (depending on your oven). Cake is done when top springs back when touched, or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.