Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
These are so easy and just so soft and yummy! Bake then all at once or you can refrigerate the dough to bake some later. Cook time includes chill and rising time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, scalded
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water, 110 f
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine hot milk and butter.
- Stiruntil butter is melted.
- Add in eggs and sugar.
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water and let stand 5 minutes until bubbly.
- Add to milk mixture.
- Beat in flour by hand or with heavy duty mixer, keeping dough satiny.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or up to 4 days.
- Divide dough into 4 parts.
- On floured surface, roll each part at a time to make 12 inch circles.
- Spread each circle with 1/4 of the butter.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle each circle with 1/4 of the mixture.
- Sprinkle each circle with 1/4 of the walnuts.
- Cut each circle into 8 equal wedges.
- Roll each wedge starting with the wide end to make a crescent shape.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise until puffy, about 45 min to 1 hour.
- Mix egg and milk to make glaze.
- Brush rolls with mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 13 to 15 minutes.
These are wonderful!! DD and I stirred these up last night and baked them this morning. We follow the instructions exactly and although the dough was sticky when we put it in the refrigerator, it was perfect for rolling when we took it out to work with it. They baked up very light and fluffy and have just the right sweetness too - perfect for a breakfast treat of with afternoon coffee. We'll make these again and again. Thanks pines506!