Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful moist bundt cake, that rises nicely.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F (set oven rack to second lowest position).
- Grease a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together first 7 ingredients.
- In another bowl cream butter and sugar until light.
- Add in eggs; beat until light and fluffy (about 4 minutes).
- Beat in vanilla and oil.
- Alternately add in the flour and milk(can use half and half cream instead of milk) to the creamed mixture until blended.
- Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips (if using).
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until cake test done with a toothpick.
This is a lovely bundt cake. It tastes better on the second day, so its worth making it a day in advance. I didn't have any oranges so I left out the rind. Thanks for this quick and tasty recipe!
Ok, I'll admit, when I asked my host mother for a "bundt pan" I got nervous when I saw what she pulled out. I remembered that I have had "Bundt cake" before - and each time it was horribly dry and boring. So, I was expecting this to be the same. TO MY SURPRISE this was not boring. It was a bit on the dry side, however, the exciting combinations of ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon mixed with chocolate chips more than made up for it! I will make this again and fiddle with it to see what I can do to make it more moist. Thanks Kittengal for posting this recipe! You've changed my attitude towards "bundt cake". * This recipe was made and reviewed for ZaarTag. "Come and play it's delicious fun!" - Mimi Bobeck 11th May 2006