A delicious sauce spooned over fresh fruit. Try spooning over fruit topped poundcake as well. I found this recipe on the evaporated milk can.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon sticks in a medium saucepan.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Cookover medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil and slightly thickens.
- Remove from heat and remove cinnamon sticks; stir in vanilla.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until well chilled.
- Arrange fruit in serving dishes.
- Top with sauce and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Refrigerate leftover sauce up to 4 days.