Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This creamy, sweet frosting begs to be slathered on carrot cake or banana bread. But, if frosting shots are more your style, it's also delicious on its own. Consider dusting the shots with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In large bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.
- Use an electric mixer with the whisk attachment on high to beat until well mixed.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and mix on low until just incorporated.
- Increase speed to high and beat until thick and smooth.
- Note: Frosting can be refrigerated. Allow 10-15 minutes after removing from refrigerator before proceeding.
- Transfer the frosting to a large plastic bag or piping bag fitted with a large icing tip.
- Pipe the frosting into small paper muffin cups, shot glasses or onto spoons arranged on a serving platter.
This frosting is fantastic! My daughter made (cut in half) for a recipe of cake balls and it tasted amazing. Reminded me of a cinnamon roll. Looking forward to trying it on other things too. Thanks for posting!
These are great! I tok them to Brownies and let them dip in sliced apples and they loved them! Next time I'll try different flavours. Thanks for posting! :)