Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my friends recipe I tried them and had to have it. These are so addictive!
Make and share this Cinnamon Twists recipe from Food.com.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in order, Sprinkle flour and icing sugar over work surface and roll out dough.
- Cut into squares about 3" by 3" put on cookie sheet and chill if possible the dough will get very soft if you don't.
- Mix filling ingredients together.
- Spread filling onto half of each square and roll corner to corner.
- Lay on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes at 350.
Definitely yummy, quick and easy to make, but I couldn't keep the mixture inside whatever I tried. The cookie base mixture needs to be rolled wafer thin I think. I did mine only a mm or so thick, but still came out a bit too biscuity. Also needed to cook it longer, 20+ mins - next time might try increasing the temperature - could just be my oven. Found them nicer warm straight off the tray, finished off the leftovers for dessert, a quick zap, add some icecream and a light dusting of cinnamon.
Add a bit of cornstarch to the filling to thicken it...then it won't be so runny and messy
I made these a couple of weeks back and they were very tasty a bit chewy because the filling had run onto the baking tin but that didn't take away from the yummy cinnamon taste. I would twist them up(as in wringing out clothes)next time instead of rolling from corner to corner to see how they turn out. I wasn't sure either how thick to roll them but if you roll them too thick you get alot of biscuit so don't recommend that.