Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
You will find these in my freezer at almost any given time (since I like cinnamon as some people like chocolate). They are a favorite and these treats will always be on my dainty tray. I have been making these for many years
- Mix flour, butter (or marg), and baking powder like a pie crust.
- Add milk and eggs.(best to mix the milk and eggs together).Add about 3/4 of the milk mixture to the flour mixture first, since you may not need all of the milk mixture. (This would be like a pie crust)
- Mix well.
- Divide into 10 balls.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle some sugar/cinnamon mixture on counter.
- Place 1 ball of dough in sugar/cinnamon and roll into a circle, be sure to have sugar mixture on the top as well.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Roll up each wedge starting at the wide end.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining balls of dough.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Note: Each wedge will be about 1 1/2" at the wide end.
- You may have more sugar mixture than you need. That all depends on how much mixture you like on the wedges.
- Prep time will vary.
I added a little extra flour and im allergic to cinnamon so i just added sugar on some and OMG was my reaction! these are better then cinnamon rolls ! ?
this is delicious! i dont know if its just my oven but after 10 minutes the bottoms were already beginning to burn, so i took them out. they are so pretty and taste great. thank you!
With the new rating system I can only give these four stars but your shortbread is still a five star recipe. They really are a pleasant change from the normal cookies and bars.