Recipe by singmeasleep
This recipe is delicious! My Food Prep. teacher gave this to me. It is a fairly quick and easy recipe good for dessert anytime. I guessed on the servings, so hopefully they're close!
- 5 cups flour
- 2 packages yeast
- 2⁄3 cup water, warmed
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk (or more, if necessary)
Directions See How It's Made
- CINNAMON TWISTS.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together until an even mixture is made.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add warm milk salt, sugar, butter and eggs.
- Beat in 3 cups flour.
- Beat well.
- Add rest of flour (you may need up to a cup or more).
- Knead well for 5-10 minutes.
- Let rise about 20 minutes in a bowl covered with a towel in a warm place.
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin until fairly thin.
- Spread butter over top dough.
- Sprinkle heavily with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Fold one side halfway over and cover with remaining butter.
- Sprinknle heavily with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Fold other side of dough over top of the center.
- Slice 1 1/2" slices out of dough.
- Twist and place on baking sheet, sprinkling with more cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and sugar at intervals mixing well.
- Add more milk and/or sugar as needed.
- Glaze twists when they are done baking.