1 hr 15 mins
Janie Cooper's Note:
I got this recipe over 40 yrs ago from a Fleischmann's Yeast Cookbook, The section is called "Rising on Ice" I love it because I do all the work the day or several hours before and just bake it when I want it really fresh & warm from the oven!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl mix together 1 3/4 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, salt & yeast.
- 2Combine milk, water & 1/4 cup butter in small bowl. Heat til very warm (120 - 130). I do 90 seconds in micorwave. Butter does not need to melt. Gradually add to dry ingredients. Beat at medium 2 minutes, Add the egss & 1/2 cup flour and beat on high 2 minutes. Switch to dough hook or add by hand, enough flour to make a moderately stiff dough. If adding raisins, you may do so now. Knead until smooth & elastic in mixer on by hand on floured board.
- 3Place in greased bowl, cover & let rise in warm place 20 minutes.
- 4Divide dough in half. Roll each hald into a 9 x 12 inch rectangle.
- 5Spread with melted butter.
- 6Sprinkle with mixture of the remaining 3/4 cup sugar & cinnamon.
- 7Fold from 9" side- 3" over the center of the sqaure. Then fold the other side over 3" so you will have it folded into thirds (3 layers)it will be 3" x 12".
- 8Cut into 12 one inch slices. Take each slice and pinch end to seal. Tightly twist your slice and place into a greased 9 " square pan. (2 rows of 6). Repeat with other half.
- 9Cover with sprayed or lightly oiled wax paper. Then top with plastic wrap.
- 10Chill for 2 - 24 hours.
- 11When ready to bake, remove from refrigerator. Uncover. Let stand at room temp for 10 minutes.
- 12Bake at 375 for about 25 - 30 minutes. Serve drizzled with powdered sugar glaze. May be separated & served individually or cut as a coffee cake. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Twist Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.2 mg
- Sodium 343.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g