Recipe by Lou
A wonderful, and easy dessert by the the Editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine. I just made this, and it was delicious! I can't wait to try it with other berries.The only change I made, was to fry each tortilla with a small amount of butter instead of spraying them with cooking spray. I also topped each one with whipped cream, but wouldn't Ice cream be lovely? I used the low carb tortilla's, but hey, use any kind you like.
Top Review by Indiana Debbie
I made these for DH and I exactly as posted for dessert tonight and thought they were good. Still hungry, but not wanting to fuss, I spread the cream cheese on a tortilla, sprinkled it with the cinnamon and sugar mixture, and added the strawberries. We liked it even better than the fried ones.
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (6 inch) fat free tortillas
- nonstick cooking spray (I used butter)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese (I used more)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh strawberry slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar substitute and cinnamon in cup; mix well. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly spray one side of tortilla with cooking spray; sprinkle with cinnamon mixture.
- Place tortilla, cinnamon side down, in hot skillet. Cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- Spread uncooked side of tortilla with cream cheese; arrange strawberries down center of tortilla. Roll up tortilla, or fold, to serve.
- Tip: Prepare recipe through step 3. Mash a few of the strawberry slices with a fork until almost smooth; stir into cream cheese. Proceed as directed in step 4.