Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A wonderful, and easy dessert by the the Editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine. I just made this, and it was delicious! I can't wait to try it with other berries.The only change I made, was to fry each tortilla with a small amount of butter instead of spraying them with cooking spray. I also topped each one with whipped cream, but wouldn't Ice cream be lovely? I used the low carb tortilla's, but hey, use any kind you like.
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (6 inch) fat free tortillas
- nonstick cooking spray (I used butter)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese (I used more)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh strawberry slices
- Combine sugar substitute and cinnamon in cup; mix well. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly spray one side of tortilla with cooking spray; sprinkle with cinnamon mixture.
- Place tortilla, cinnamon side down, in hot skillet. Cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- Spread uncooked side of tortilla with cream cheese; arrange strawberries down center of tortilla. Roll up tortilla, or fold, to serve.
- Tip: Prepare recipe through step 3. Mash a few of the strawberry slices with a fork until almost smooth; stir into cream cheese. Proceed as directed in step 4.
I made these for DH and I exactly as posted for dessert tonight and thought they were good. Still hungry, but not wanting to fuss, I spread the cream cheese on a tortilla, sprinkled it with the cinnamon and sugar mixture, and added the strawberries. We liked it even better than the fried ones.
Easy, delicious, and low fat! What more can you ask for?!
5 BIG stars - easy and delicious and no guilt. I followed the recipe except using a 10 inch tortilla (all I had), and divided it in two for DH and I. We enjoyed these as part of Sunday breakfast. Thanks!