Recipe by Charlotte J
Here is another recipe that will help me use all my frozen packages of rhubarb. Since my family loves muffins this should work wonderfully.
Top Review by Boomette
I used 1 cup of brown sugar, not packed. I used 1/3 cup oil and 1/3 cup plain yogurt. The texture is great, it makes light muffins. I added another 5 minutes of cooking. I didn't do the topping. I made 12 muffins like you see on my photo. Thanks Charlotte :) Made for Market tag game
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- Combine egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in rhubarb, fill greased or paper lined muffin cups half full.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until muffins test done.