Recipe by Rita~
Try any nut you like! Gift giving. Serving depends on how large or small you break the Toffee.I used Hershey's chips. You can use any chips you favor.
Top Review by Mommy Diva
Fabulous flavor - my first time making candy and it wasn't as bad as I thought! Everyone loved this - I think I want to try it with butterscotch chips next on one side to compliment the chocolate - the cinnamon was a delightful pairing!! Thanks for a terrific recipe, Rita!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1 (10 ounce) package milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) package cinnamon baking chips, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped macadamias, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring now and then, to hard-crack stage (300 F on your candy thermometer)- watch carefully after temperature reaches 280°F.
- Quickly stir in coarsely chopped nuts; spread in well-greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Turn out on waxed paper; spread top with the melted chocolate; sprinkle with half the finely chopped nuts.
- Cover with waxed paper; invert; spread with melted cinnamon chips.
- Sprinkle top with remaining nuts.
- (Unless you want to get creative and swirl 1/2 of each(melted chocolate and melted cinnamon) into each other!).
- If necessary, chill to firm.
- Break into pieces.