Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great bars for pot lucks, picnicks, or anytime, these travel well, and are easy to make...and good too...This recipe makes lots, but these bars freeze very well.
- 1 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350.
- Grease a 12" x 18" jelly roll pan.
- In a saucepan, cook the butter and brown sugar, over low heat until it comes to a boil; remove from heat and cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the butter mixture, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; stir into the egg mixture until well blended; stir in chopped pecans.
- Spread batter into prepared greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips over the whole sheet.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, the spread evenly over entire surface.
- Cut into squares.