Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Great bars for pot lucks, picnicks, or anytime, these travel well, and are easy to make...and good too...This recipe makes lots, but these bars freeze very well.
- 1 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350.
- Grease a 12" x 18" jelly roll pan.
- In a saucepan, cook the butter and brown sugar, over low heat until it comes to a boil; remove from heat and cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the butter mixture, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; stir into the egg mixture until well blended; stir in chopped pecans.
- Spread batter into prepared greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips over the whole sheet.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, the spread evenly over entire surface.
- Cut into squares.