Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl combine brown sugar and butter,beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk,blend well.
- Add flour and cinnamon,mix well.
- Press dough into ungreased 15x10x1 inck baking pan.
- In a small bowl,slightly beat egg white,brush over dough.
- Sprinkle with nuts,press lightly into dough.
- Bake at 350 for 12-22 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat,stirring constantly until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled bars.
I found this same recipe in my Pillsbury cookbook and just made these. They are awesome! So easy and fast!
These bars are very good. I made them exactly according to the recipe and I think that next time I'll use milk chocolate chips.
I have had this recipe for years. These are delicious!! They are very easy to put together! Everyone loves them. I wouldn't change a thing.