Fancier-than-normal cinnamon toast that may also double as an appetizer. This recipe is from Gourmet Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roll out the bread between two pieces of waxed paper until very thin.
- 2Brush both sides of each slice with some of the butter.
- 3In a bowl, stir together the sugar and the cinnamon.
- 4Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon sugar on one side of each slice leaving 1/2-inch border on one side, roll the bread tightly jelly-roll fashion towards border.
- 5Trim the ends on the diagonal, roll in remaining sugar mixture (the rolls may be made up to this point 1 week in advance and kept wrapped tightly and frozen).
- 6Transfer the rolls, seam side down, to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, or until they are browned lightly.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Toast Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.9
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 170.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g