Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I saw this on the Paula Deen show. My friend had made these and they are delicious.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups about 1 pound pecan halves
- Oreheat oven to 250 degrees F,.
- Stir together first 5 ingredients.
- Add pecans.
- tossing to coat.
- Spread coated nuts in a single layer.
- on a jelly roll pan.
- bake for 1 hour.
- stirring everu 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- store in an airtight container.
- up to 2 weeks.
I made something similar to this last year for party gifts for Teachers in my sons Daycare. I used almonds as we prefer those over pecans. These are great!! Question: would a regular cookie sheet work just as good as a jelly roll pan? As a cookie sheet is all I have.