Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
A great way to start the day on February 14th or any other day!
- Mix caster sugar and cinnamon together well.
- Toast bread.
- Butter it immediately while still hot and sprinkle over the sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut each slice in two. This gives you 8 equal-sized pieces, one for each letter.
- Using a sharp knife place each piece on a chopping board and carefully cut out individual letters, trying to make them as even as possible. Which ones? I L O V E Y O and U of course!
- Arrange on a plate and serve.
Wordeful idea for a most wellcome surprise! Easy to make and tasty. It really made our day, my boyfried and me. Made it for PAC 2008 Spring! Thanks for sharing!
I used pita bread for this and the results were a crunchy sweet cinnamon toasted pitas. The bread itself was common since we usually have toasted bread with butter but what made it extraordinary was the cinnamon and the presentation. There were extra scraps from shaping the letters, but they didn't last long as I ate them while shaping the letters. Thanks, nice simple surprise for DH :)