Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
A twist on the traditional cinnamon toast, this is a really yummy treat, even more decadent if you make it using both sides of the bread. You can use any type of bread you like, but it's especially good with my Bread Machine Cinnamon Sugar Bread, Cinnamon Sugar Bread, Bread Machine
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together well; set aside.
- Butter one side of the bread and sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- (You will probably have more cinnamon sugar than you need; save remainder for another use.).
- If desired, repeat on the other side of the bread with more butter or margarine and cinnamon sugar.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat.
- Lay the prepared bread slices on the hot skillet and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the bread is nicely carmelized; be careful not to burn the bread.
- If you have only prepared one side of the bread, turn for about 30 seconds or so until just lightly browned; serve.
- If you have prepared both sides of the bread, turn and cook the other side for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until that side is nicely carmelized and serve.
Ever had a sugar craving and you just need a small something? This is it! I used my hot sandwich press and it could not be easier. Just wipe over the press while still warm to clean it easily (not hot or turned on). Thanks for the recipe Charmed!!
I had saved this a long time ago and just got around to making it. What a mistake as it's soooo good. My DGSs love cinnamon toast and this is a great one. I used whole wheat bread as that is what I had on hand but can see where cinnamon bread would make it even more special. I followed the directions exactly except for one small change - I used my George Forman Grill so that both sides toasted at one time - easy and YUM!! Served with a side of scrambled eggs and bacon and everyone cleaned their plates.
Wonderful! I made this on a cool Sunday morning, when I didn't have enough of everything to make French toast or pancakes, yet my teen wanted a homey breakfast. He still put syrup on it, but that's because I believe all teens are pure sugar! My youngest has his with his eggs, and everyone came away saying this was delicious and filling. Thanks for giving our home something quick, easy and thoroughly delicious!