Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
An easy quick treat that tastes & smells like a fresh baked cinnamon streussel!!!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Smear butter over both surfaces of each slice of bread.
- Add lots of brown sugar to the tops, enough to cover the tops without seeing the butter.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the top of the brown sugar.
- Let bake for about 5-6 minutes, then turn to broil till the top of the brown sugar is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes.
This was really good! My dh suprised me with cinnamon raisin toast, so I decided to make us this recipe. Really easy to throw together, although mine did not take 5-6 min to cook (perhaps because the oven had been preheating for a while.) Thanks!
WoW! this is so amazing! I smothered the bread in butter, covered it VERY thickly with brown sugar until it was 3-4 millimeters thick, then sprinkled the cinnamon over top. After letting it bake, I let it broil until the brown sugar was bubbling...it was almost like it was carmelizing...and when I took it out, and let it cool the mixture was just a little bit firm which made it perfect! Wow again, but what an easy, quick, inexpensive and delicious treat! The picture does not do it justice!
A sweet treat for breakfast this morning. Mine actually was bubbling at the end of the bake time, so I didn't even need to broil it. The brown sugar sort of carmelized with the butter, making a sugary glaze-- a nice change from my usual cinnamon toast.