Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cake is incredibly simple and very, very delicious. Inspired by the childhood love of cinnamon toast. It's a big crowd-pleaser. Vanilla is optional.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Grease an 11x8" cake pan lightly with butter.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar into the pan and tap out excess.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon and mix well.
- In a measuring cup, beat the egg and then fill with water to 1 1/2 cups.
- Add vanilla to the egg and water mixture.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- When cake is done, spread butter over the top and sprinkle cinnamon sugar onto it.