Recipe by LibraChick93093
A sweet and easy idea for breakfast. My aunt makes these whenever she has company in the morning, and they're always snapped up!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 12 slices bread, crust removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the sugar, vanilla and egg yolk with wire whisk until well blended. In separate bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Flatten each bread slice with rolling pin. Spread 1 side of each slice evenly with 1 rounded tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Starting at short end, tightly roll up. Brush each roll with butter; roll in reserved cinnamon-sugar. Slice each roll into 3 pieces.
- Place each piece, seam side down, on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minute or until edges are lightly browned. Serve immediately.